Wordpress website maintenance

WordPress is an extremely popular website design program. It has been known for a long time now that WordPress is the most popularĀ  CMS (content management system). WordPress powers more than 27% of all websites in the world.

For a healthy website, maintenance is required – With this many people using WordPress, maintaining them becomes increasingly important. Here are several reason why you need website maintenance.

An interesting fact is that only about 40% of WordPress websites are being maintained properly. The other 60% of WP sites are out of date. This can create multiple issues for individuals and companies. All websites can be hacked, so you need to keep up on all the module and theme and WP updates along with having website security.

HERE ARE SOME REASONS TO HAVE A WEBSITE MAINTENANCE PLAN

Monthly Website Backups

WordPress websites should be frequently updated. It is always a good idea to backup a website. This is just common sense. Yet many companies and individuals fail to do so. It is a good idea to setup a monthly website backup. Multiple backups in multiple locations is also recommended.

Keep Software Updated

WordPress websites have many software applications that are integrated. Regular maintenance is required to keep all these applications (plugins), core files of WordPress, and the themes updated. Updating WordPress as needed is critically important to help avoid being hacked. Plugins are as well critically important to the website. They provide features to a website, functionality & security.

Database Maintenance

The larger a website, the bigger the database. This is especially true for sites that add content frequently. All applications such as plugins, themes, as well as comments add to the complexity of the database. Always backup the database prior to making any updates or maintenance.

Check Site Functionality

Websites frequently fall out of sync and will require attention. What thisĀ  means is that things stop working properly or completely crash and don’t work at all. There are so many applications that communicate with search engines and browsers such as Chrome or Firefox. Frequently checking sites functionality can avoid loss of leads, search visibility, and customers.

To get help with websites, individuals and companies can hire an agency with Website Maintenance Agreements to gain the proper assistance. SoCal Website Designs has plenty of WordPress experience and can quickly assist with the maintenance and fix site errors. Maintenance agreements are basically prepaid hours at a discounted rate. Those hours are than utilized for website maintenance.

Our Website Maintenance Program

For only $75.00 per month we offer full maintenance of your website. We do everything listed above. You can pay up to $500.00 per month for this with many companies. The reason for the difference in pricing here is that we are WordPress experts and we do all work in-house. We don’t have to pay a third party and we also get on it right away. We don’t have to wait for someones schedule to clear up.

Hosting & Email | Security

error: